Trying to find out if a load covers your operating expenses? Or maybe you're trying to determine just how profitable a posted load would be?
Many Owner-Operators aren't aware of how much they need to make per day to stay profitable and keep their truck on the road. For those that keep track of these expenses and those who don't, the 123Loadboard Cost-per-day Calculator is here to help.
Cost-per-day is available in all plans and can be activated in Settings>Cost-per-day calculator via the checkbox:
Once activated, the tool will ask a few questions to tailor the cost-per-day results to your unique business needs. Questions asked include:
- Estimated summary of monthly truck expenses (truck and trailer payments, insurance, maintenance costs, etc.)
- Estimated summary of monthly home/other expenses (mortgage or rent, utility costs, car payments, insurance premiums, food costs, etc.
- Amount of days you would like to work each month
- Estimated average time spent loading/unloading per load
- Estimated average amount of driving hours per day
When complete, the Cost-Per-Day Calculator puts together a formula to provide you the minimum amount of money you would need to make per working day to be profitable.
Now that you know how much you need to make, this information will be available on loads with posted rates and/or Rate Check data when applicable:
If more than just a simple "Yes" or "No" answer is required; or if you need to make adjustments on a load-by-load basis, this can be entered in the Profit Calculator tool on every Load Details; including a summary at the end of why the load is or is not profitable.